Get Help Applying for Medicaid, WIC, & Other Services
Great Start provides expectant mothers and babies with the care and help they need during and after pregnancy. Great Start Maternal Infant Health Program (MIHP) is a home visiting program certified and monitored through the Michigan Department of Health and Human Services. This is a free program designed to assist pregnant women and infants (12 months or under) with Medicaid insurance to help reduce infant mortality and morbidity. Great Start provides social support, information, and care coordination services to supplement regular prenatal and infant care.
Our Staff and Services
Our staff is made up of licensed social workers, registered nurses (RN), and Registered Dietitians (RD)/Nutritionists. One of these qualified professionals will help clients with the following:
- Applying for Medicaid
- Applying for WIC
- Nutritional Support
- Transportation to Medical & WIC Appointments as well as Parenting & Health Education Classes & Childbirth Classes as Needed
- Assistance with Baby Items
- FREE Childbirth Education Classes
- Finding Affordable Housing
- Referrals to Community Resources
- Educating Families about Health & Risk Factors
- Answering Questions about Family Planning, Childbirth, & Birth Control
- Breastfeeding Support
|We now have a notary public and a licensed car seat technician on staff.
Car seat checks/installations every 3rd Friday of the month, by appointment only.
Macomb, Wayne, Oakland, & St. Clair Counties